Anyone else as obsessed with granola as I am?
I wasn’t able to go a day without granola for the last couple of weeks. It makes a perfect addition to my breakfast oatmeals and smoothie bowls and it’s also perfect as a study snack or dessert with some fruit.
If there was a vitamin granola I would definitely not be deficient in that one.
Since I made quite a few batches of that stuff lately I have figured out my personal favorite basic recipe that I make some additions to here and there depending on what flavors I feel like that day.
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 3/4 cup dates
- 1/4 cup raisins/cranberries
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 160°C (320°F).
- Chop up the cashews, almonds and dates.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a big bowl. (At this point you might want to add any other additions. I also love to add some pumpkin seeds, shredded coconut, cacao nibs,…)
- In a smaller bowl stir together the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and and mix until everything is well combined.
- Spread your mixture and a baking sheet on your baking tray and bake for about 25-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- I would recommend to open the oven every 10 minutes to let out the steam and also stir your mixture a bit so it gets nice and crumbly.
- Let it cool down completely before you can store it in an airtight container.